“It’s Monday! What are you reading?” is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date. The folks at Teacher Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers have given #IMWAYR a new lens by focusing on books for kids & teens. Check out their blogs to see what they’re reading!
Hey friends! I’m still processing all that happened last week at the Capitol; as a multiracial queer Jewish person, things feel really big and scary to me right now. But I feel extremely glad to have books to escape into and to help me work through some of my thoughts right now. I hope you’re all doing okay!
Note: I am an affiliate of Bookshop.org and will receive a small commission if you choose to purchase via the links in this post. This is a way to support indie bookstores & the work I put into this blog! It’s appreciated, but never expected.
- Make Up Break Up by Lily Menon
- This is Not the Jess Show by Anna Carey
- The Daughters of Ys by M.T. Anderson & Jo Rioux
- Girl Town by Carolyn Nowak
- Ace: What Asexuality Reveals About Desire, Society, and the Meaning of Sex by Angela Chen
- Muted by Tami Charles
- Love Is a Revolution by Renée Watson
- The Long Ride by Marina Budhos
- Moonstruck, Vol. 3: Troubled Waters by Grace Ellis, Shae Beagle (Illustrator), Claudia Aguirre
The Long Ride was recommended by one of my coworkers and I’m super excited to start it! Love is a Revolution is one of my most anticipated February releases and I already know I’ll love it.
How are you feeling this week? What have you been doing to take care of yourself and process all that’s going on?