Can’t Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings where bloggers share the books they can’t wait for. I use it here on my blog to highlight an upcoming release I’m excited for and tell you why it should be on your TBR!
Note: I am an affiliate of Bookshop.org and will receive a small commission if you choose to purchase via the link in this post. This is a way to support indie bookstores & the work I put into this blog! It’s appreciated, but never expected.
Title: The Ex Talk
Author: Rachel Lynn Solomon
Publisher: Berkley Romance
Release date: January 26, 2021
Synopsis: “Public radio co-hosts navigate mixed signals in Rachel Lynn Solomon’s sparkling romantic comedy debut.
Shay Goldstein has been a producer at her Seattle public radio station for nearly a decade, and she can’t imagine working anywhere else. But lately it’s been a constant clash between her and her newest colleague, Dominic Yun, who’s fresh off a journalism master’s program and convinced he knows everything about public radio.
When the struggling station needs a new concept, Shay proposes a show that her boss green-lights with excitement. On The Ex Talk, two exes will deliver relationship advice live, on air. Their boss decides Shay and Dominic are the perfect co-hosts, given how much they already despise each other. Neither loves the idea of lying to listeners, but it’s this or unemployment. Their audience gets invested fast, and it’s not long before The Ex Talk becomes a must-listen in Seattle and climbs podcast charts.
As the show gets bigger, so does their deception, especially when Shay and Dominic start to fall for each other. In an industry that values truth, getting caught could mean the end of more than just their careers.”
- Spoiler: I’ve actually already read this one! I’m super excited for it to be out in the world so everyone can read it!
- Rachel Lynn Solomon is one of my favorite YA authors, and I’m so excited to see her breaking into the adult romance genre.
- I’m always looking for books with #OwnVoices Jewish rep. This one also has Asian-American rep and queer & BIPOC side characters.
- I minored in journalism in college and love the idea of a romance set in the public radio world! Though honestly, the one radio class I took was SO hard!
- I always love enemies-to-lovers stories, and a workplace romance is always fun!
- Because you should be supporting Jewish authors!
- If you’re a romance reader who likes enemies-to-lovers books like Faker, The Hating Game, The Unhoneymooners, or The Worst Best Man, you’ll love this one!
- You can order a signed copy from Third Place Books. This is a great gift for yourself or another romance reader in your life.
- It’s already gotten rave reviews and has been blurbed by some major romance authors, including Christina Lauren, Jen DeLuca, and Rosie Danan.
- It’s sweet, funny, and has just the right amount of steam. It’s the perfect contemporary romance book to start the year with!
Is The Ex Talk by Rachel Lynn Solomon on your TBR?