Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, where book bloggers are invited to share their top ten lists centered on a certain theme.
This week’s theme is most anticipated reads for the first half of 2021! As a librarian, I work really hard to keep up with upcoming releases. So, needless to say, I’ve got tons of highly anticipated releases! This was definitely a fun post to do.
Note: I am an affiliate of Bookshop.org and will receive a small commission if you choose to purchase via the links in this post. This is a way to support indie bookstores & the work I put into this blog! It’s appreciated, but never expected.
- Make Up Break Up by Lily Menon: This workplace romance is definitely one of my most anticipated adult romances of 2021. I have an eARC and can’t wait to start it!
2. The Infinity Courts by Akemi Dawn Bowman: Akemi is one of my favorite YA contemporary authors, and I’m counting down the days until her sci-fi/fantasy debut releases!
3. Fat Chance, Charlie Vega by Crystal Maldonado: A coming of age story about a fat brown girl? Sign me up! Also, just look at that beautiful cover.
4. I Think I Love You by Auriane Desombre: Queer YA romances are my absolute favorite, and I’ve already been hearing rave reviews for this one!
5. The Cost of Knowing by Brittney Morris: I loved Brittney’s debut, Slay, and am so looking forward to her sophomore novel. Plus, this one is described as Dear Martin meets They Both Die At the End, which sounds flat out incredible.
6. Perfect on Paper by Sophie Gonzales: Sophie’s debut, Only Mostly Devastated, was one of my favorite books of 2020! I’m so excited for her next book about a bi teen who gives anonymous love advice to her classmates, and gets hired to help the hot guy win back his ex.
7. The Mirror Season by Anna-Marie McLemore: Anna-Marie is one of my all time favorite authors and I fall in love with everything they write. This one deals with sexual assault, so I know it will be a difficult subject to read, but one that Anna-Marie will handle with care.
8. Zara Hossain is Here by Sabina Khan: Another of my favorite YA contemporary books is The Love and Lies of Rukhsana Ali, and I’m so glad we get a new Sabina Khan book in 2021! This novel deals with Islamophobia and immigration, and I know it’ll be so good.
9. Excuse Me While I Ugly Cry by Joya Goffney: A gorgeous cover and a title I relate to on a deep level? Yes, please! I can’t wait for this YA contemporary about a list-maker whose live gets turned upside down when her journal goes missing.
10. Meet Cute Diary by Emery Lee: I’ve been following Emery on Twitter for a long time and have been counting down the days until I can finally read this YA romance about a trans teen. Make sure this one’s on your TBR!
What are some of your most anticipated 2021 reads?
Thanks for reading my post! I would like to ask that you please also take the time to read about how you can support Black Lives Matter, as well as the Junk Terror Bill initiative.
16 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday | Most anticipated 2021 releases”
I’d heard of Make Up, Break Up but not most of these other picks- I’m excited to check them out on Goodreads! Thanks for sharing these picks, I’m excited for all the good books 2021 will bring!
Make Up Break Up was very good! Excuse Me While I Ugly Cry sounds good. While I don’t care if anybody reads my current journal, My high school ones would be another story.
Great list! The cover of Fat Chance, Charlie Vega is so beautiful and it makes me so happy – teen me would have loved all the fat rep in YA now.
I haven’t read any of these but romances are always fun reads, so ‘Make Up Break Up’ sounds interesting, let me know your thoughts!
WELL. I knew that I was gonna be adding even more books to my list after visiting posts today, but I didn’t think it’d grow by more than five in the first post I visit 😂 All of these looks SO good! 2021 is looking like it’s gonna be another amazing year for books. Fab list!
To be honest, I haven’t heard of any of these. So many books so little time, am I right. I will check out a few of these for sure. https://readwithstefani.com/most-anticipated-book-releases-of-2021/
I haven’t heard of most of these, so thanks for the heads-up! FAT CHANCE, CHARLIE VEGA sounds especially good. I’ll definitely be checking it out.
I really love how you’ve done your list – it’s so easy to read and it looks great! There are some great books on it, too! My TBR just grew a bit haha
That cover for THe Infinity Courts is so captivating! These sound amazing, and I love all the color in the covers–I hope you get to read them all and enjoy them!
I just added Meet Cute Diary to my list!
Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!
The Infinity Courts sounds so good.
All of these look so great! I have also been looking forward to reading ‘Meet Cute Diary’ for a while now. It sounds adorable. Great list!
I’ve really been looking forward to Fat Chance, Charlie Vega, too. But really, all of these look amazing.
I hope you enjoy all of these! 🙂
My TTT: https://herbookishdesires.wordpress.com/2021/01/05/%f0%9f%93%9atop-ten-tuesday-most-anticipated-releases-for-the-first-half-of-2021%f0%9f%a4%a9/
#1 is making a ton of lists today. I need to read more about it! All of these look like fun read. Enjoy!
So many of these look so good! I have added Perfect on Paper, after seeing it all over today! Great list!
My Top Ten