Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, where book bloggers are invited to share their top ten lists centered on a certain theme.
This week’s theme was books I’ve loved but haven’t reviewed yet. I don’t know about you, but I feel like I always have a running list of books I loved and want to review, but I never get through them all! My main reason for reading new releases is to keep up to date on YA books for my job as a teen services librarian and I don’t always have time to review every single one. These are books I’ve read recently that I loved and haven’t reviewed (yet!).
Note: I am an affiliate of Bookshop.org and will receive a small commission if you choose to purchase via the links in this post. This is a way to support indie bookstores & the work I put into this blog! It’s appreciated, but never expected.
1. Cinderella Is Dead by Kalynn Bayron: I loved this feminist fairytale retelling and have been gushing about it all over the place, but haven’t actually gotten around to writing a review yet!
2. You Should See Me in a Crown by Leah Johnson: Is this one of my favorite books of the year? Yep. Have I been shouting about it all over the place? Yep. Have I actually written a review for it? Nope. I swear, it’s on my to-do list!
3. Today Tonight Tomorrow by Rachel Lynn Solomon: Again, one of my absolute favorite books of the year–an enemies-to-lovers romance that has #OwnVoices Jewish rep!!–and I still need to write a review for it soon!
4. Not So Pure and Simple by Lamar Giles: I read this one earlier this year and have already recommended it a bunch to my Teen Book Club!
5. Burn Our Bodies Down by Rory Power: I loved this creepy, spooky, sapphic book just as much as I loved Rory’s debut Wilder Girls! I’m hoping to write a review for this one soon!
6. A Phoenix First Must Burn edited by Patrice Caldwell: I listened to this audiobook earlier this year and fell in love–but I often don’t write reviews for things I listen to on audio because I feel like I don’t read them as closely as I do a physical book.
7. When You Were Everything by Ashley Woodfolk: This was another great audiobook that I never reviewed, but really loved! I’m a sucker for books about friend breakups.
8. What I Carry by Jennifer Longo: This YA contemporary about a teen girl about to age out of the foster system was so beautiful and totally deserves more hype!
9. Most Likely by Sarah Watson: Another YA contemporary I really liked! I loved that this one was about female friendship and politics, plus it had such a unique concept.
10. The Only Black Girls in Town by Brandy Colbert: How have I not yet reviewed one of my favorite middle grade reads of the year?! The audiobook version was FANTASTIC and I highly recommend this contemporary novel about two very different Black girls becoming friends.
Have you read any of these?
Thanks for reading my post! I would like to ask that you please also take the time to read about how you can support Black Lives Matter, as well as the Junk Terror Bill initiative.
3 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday | Books I love but haven’t reviewed (yet!)”
Great list! I’m so excited to pick up my copy of Cinderella is Dead, and A Phoenix First Must Burn is one I’d really like to cross off my TBR this year.
I want to read so many of these!! I haven’t heard of What I Carry but sounds so good. That cover is great!!
My Top Ten
I recently read Cinderella is Dead and it is so amazing!!!! I’m probably going to review it at some point, I just haven’t gotten to it yet. I really want to read The Only Black Girls in Town. I read a few other books by Brandy Colbert and really liked them, so I’m excited to read that one!! This is a great list Ari 😊💕