Can’t Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings where bloggers share the books they can’t wait for. I use it here on my blog to highlight an upcoming release I’m excited for and tell you why it should be on your TBR!
Note: I am an affiliate of Bookshop.org and will receive a small commission if you choose to purchase via the link in this post. This is a way to support indie bookstores & the work I put into this blog! It’s appreciated, but never expected.
Title: Cemetery Boys
Author: Aiden Thomas
Publisher: Swoon Reads
Release date: September 1, 2020
Goodreads Summary: “When his traditional Latinx family has problems accepting his gender, Yadriel becomes determined to prove himself a real brujo. With the help of his cousin and best friend Maritza, he performs the ritual himself, and then sets out to find the ghost of his murdered cousin and set it free.
However, the ghost he summons is actually Julian Diaz, the school’s resident bad boy, and Julian is not about to go quietly into death. He’s determined to find out what happened and tie up some loose ends before he leaves. Left with no choice, Yadriel agrees to help Julian, so that they can both get what they want. But the longer Yadriel spends with Julian, the less he wants to let him leave.”
- Cemetery Boys has a trans main character, a ghost love interest, and is full of magic!
- Queer rep + paranormal elements? This is basically my brand.
- I always love Swoon Reads books and they rarely disappoint me!
- The author and I share an alma mater! I’m always excited to support someone else from our tiny liberal arts college.
- I’m always looking for #OwnVoices YA that center queer POC characters!
- I just started reading this one last night and I’m already obsessed after just a few pages.
- Because you should be supporting queer & trans Latinx authors!
- If you like paranormal books, you’ll love this one.
- Look at that stunning cover! The illustration and the deep, rich colors are perfect. How can you look at this and not want to read it?
- The author has an awesome preorder campaign going on! You can also submit library requests, too!
- It’s already gotten rave reviews and blurbs from some incredible YA authors, including Isabel Sterling, Mark Oshiro, Mason Deaver, and Kayla Ancrum!
Is Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas on your TBR?