Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, where book bloggers are invited to share their top ten lists centered on a certain theme.
This week I decided to share some backlist titles that are still on my TBR! There are so many amazing books coming out each year that there’s never enough time to read every single one. I read 220 books last year, but I still have lots of 2019 releases I never got to–but would still love to read eventually!
1. The Stars and the Blackness Between Them by Junauda Petrus: I started this YA contemporary about two queer Black girls last year but it was due back at the library before I could finish it! I loved the little bit that I read and would love to pick it back up.
2. By Any Means Necessary by Candice Montgomery: I really like Candice’s debut, Home & Away, and have been meaning to pick up her sophomore novel about a boy trying to save his uncle’s bee farm.
3. Tell Me How You Really Feel by Aminah Mae Safi: Look at how queer that cover is! How have I not read this one yet?!
4. The Wise and the Wicked by Rebecca Podos: I loved Rebecca’s book Like Water and have been meaning to read this one about a family of women who predict their own deaths. I just used a Barnes & Noble giftcard I had to order a copy, so hopefully I’ll read it soon!
5. If It Makes You Happy by Claire Kann: I absolutely adored Claire’s debut Let’s Talk About Love and started this one last year but never got around to finishing it! I’ve had so many of my friends tell me I need to finish it!
6. Fake It Till You Break It by Jenn P. Nguyen: I love any YA romcoms involving fake dating, and I can’t believe I didn’t read this one!
7. Symptoms of a Heartbreak by Sona Charaipotra: Another YA romance I started but didn’t have a chance to finish! I love that the main character is a teen girl genius.
8. Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim: This YA fantasy is described as Project Runway meets Mulan, which sounds incredible! I’ve been wanting to try it out as an audiobook for so long.
9. Going Off Script by Jen Wilde: I love any queer YA romance, plus I really liked Jen’s Queens of Geek! I hope I’ll have time to pick this one up eventually.
10. How (Not) to Ask a Boy to Prom by S.J. Goslee: Another queer YA romcom I haven’t gotten to yet! According to some reviews, it also has Jewish rep and adopted rep.
Have you read any of these 2019 releases?
17 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday | 2019 Releases I haven’t gotten to yet”
But spin the dawn is SO GOOD! And Unravel the Dusk is just around the corner!
Awesome list. I haven’t read any of these yet, but they all look great. I’m overdue for a romance novel. Thanks for sharing.
I’ve said this so many times lately, but 2020 really has been an amazing year for books … and downright terrible for my TBR pile. If It Makes You Happy is REALLY good, though, and I hope you enjoy it when you’re able to finish it.
I did get the chance to read Spin the Dawn last year, but you’re right. There’s so many amazing books out there to read! And that’s not including rereads. I haven’t had the opportunity to read any of the others here.
I have to read Spin the Dawn and literally everything on this list as well (except Fake It Till You Break It, acquired a copy of that at least!). Hope you get these soon!
My TTT: https://notprimadonna.blogspot.com/2020/05/top-ten-tuesday-why-i-love-historical.html
Great list! Tell Me How You Really Feel, The Wise and the Wicked and Going Off Script are all on my TBR, too. 🙂
Of these I’ve only read Spin the Dawn and it was excellent.
I read Spin The Dawn a couple of months ago, and I did like it, though not as much as I was expecting to. I hope you enjoy it more!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2020/05/26/top-ten-tuesday-265/
Great list! Lots of cute looking covers here 😍I finally read Spin the Dawn earlier this year and no regrets! Such a great book and I can’t wait to read the sequel asap ❤
The same thing happened to me with The Stars and the Blackness Between Them. I do plan to re-request it from the library soon.
My TTT .
I read Spin the Dawn earlier this year and really enjoyed it! I can’t wait for the sequel 😀
My TTT: https://www.traversingchapters.com/top-ten-tuesday-opening-lines/
I love the sound of these books. I have read none of them either. Great post!!!! Here is my post-https://paigesofbook.blogspot.com/2020/05/top-ten-tuesday-favorite-heroines.html.
This list looks amazing. #1 and #3 are definitely on my list as well.
How is it that no matter how many books we read there are still SO MANY MORE to be read? Catching up is impossible! Good luck getting to these. I hope you love them when you read them.
The only one I read was Fake It Til You Break It. It was really cute. You’re going to love it when you get to it!
Such cute covers! I haven’t read any of these either. Hopefully you get to them soon. I also did my post using my TBR. 🙂
I haven’t read any of these, but I hope you enjoy them when you get a chance! Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.