Note: I am an affiliate of Bookshop.org and will receive a small commission if you choose to purchase via the links in this post. This is a way to support indie bookstores & the work I put into this blog! It’s appreciated, but never expected.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, where book bloggers are invited to share their top ten lists centered on a certain theme.
I’m so happy Spring is finally here–I love the warmer weather and seeing all the flowers bloom! In honor of Spring, I decided to highlight some of my favorite floral covers this week. This is one of my favorite book cover trends, and I love how many gorgeous floral covers we’ve gotten in recent years.
1. Tyler Johnson Was Here by Jay Coles: I loved this YA contemporary, and I find it so interesting how they juxtaposed soft florals with the heavy, bold text of the title.
2. This Time Will Be Different by Misa Sugiura: I love the understated florals on the cover of this book about a girl trying to save her family’s flower shop! This one is super popular at my library and teens always snatch it up when they see the stunning cover.
3. This Poison Heart by Kalynn Bayron: Another favorite, this one stars a queer Black girl with a magical connection to flowers & other plants! I’m literally counting down the days until the sequel, This Wicked Fate, releases.
4. The Grief Keeper by Alexandra Villasante: I love the simplicity of this design and totally think this speculative sapphic YA romance is underhyped!
5. Felix Ever After by Kacen Callender: Seriously, did y’all think I was gonna make a list of floral covers and not include this book? I think we can all agree that this is one of the most gorgeous covers (floral or otherwise) of all times!
6. Dealing in Dreams by Lilliam Rivera: This is another one that has been a big hit at my library, and I know this beautiful cover has at least something to do with that! I love the choice to stick to yellow & blue tones on the cover–it makes for such a striking look.
7. Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore: This was the first book I ever read by Anna-Marie McLemore, and they’re easily one of my favorite authors now! The cover perfectly captures the story about a family of women with the ability to grow flowers from their hands.
8. American Betiya by Anuradha D. Rajukar: The way the soft pastel florals stand out against the stark black background makes for such an eye-catching cover! I really enjoyed this coming-of-age YA novel and think it deserves so much more attention.
9. Wildseed Witch by Marti Dumas: The second I saw this cover, I immediately added this upcoming middle grade novel to my TBR! It’s a contemporary fantasy starring a witch with an all-BIPOC cast, and I. Cannot. Wait.
10. Tahira in Bloom by Farah Heron: This YA contemporary is another one on my TBR! The cover is incredible and I love that it’s about a girl spending the summer working in the flower capital of Ontario and entering a floral arrangement contest.
Are you a fan of floral book covers? What’s your favorite cover trend?
2 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday | Floral Covers”
I love Florals! I spent all day yesterday planting seeds and bulbs to get ready for Spring planting outside! I’m so excited!! I love these covers. I read Wild Beauty and didn’t love it though. I hope you have a great week!
My Top Ten!
Yes, floral covers are definitely the best!
LikeLiked by 1 person