“It’s Monday! What are you reading?” is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date. The folks at Teacher Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers have given #IMWAYR a new lens by focusing on books for kids & teens. Check out their blogs to see what they’re reading!
Note: I am an affiliate of Bookshop.org and will receive a small commission if you choose to purchase via the links in this post. This is a way to support indie bookstores & the work I put into this blog! It’s appreciated, but never expected.
- Bitter by Akwaeke Emezi
- Samira Surfs by Rukhsanna Guidroz
- Lore Olympus, Vol. 1 by Rachel Smythe
- Star Child: A Biographical Constellation of Octavia Estelle Butler by Ibi Zoboi
- I’m So (Not) Over You by Kosoko Jackson
Last week was such a great reading week! I really enjoyed everything I read–I especially loved Samira Surfs, since it was my first time reading a book with Rohingya rep, and I always adore books in verse.
- Does My Body Offend You? by by Mayra Cuevas & Marie Marquardt
- She’s Too Pretty to Burn by Wendy Heard
- So Many Beginnings: A Little Women Remix by Bethany C. Morrow
I started Does My Body Offend You? last week and can’t wait to finish it and see where it goes! You can read more about it from my Can’t Wait Wednesday post about it here. The other two are audiobooks I just checked out from my library and I’m really looking forward to starting them both.
What are you reading this week?