Can’t Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings where bloggers share the books they can’t wait for. I use it here on my blog to highlight an upcoming release I’m excited for and tell you why it should be on your TBR!
Note: I am an affiliate of Bookshop.org and will receive a small commission if you choose to purchase via the link in this post. This is a way to support indie bookstores & the work I put into this blog! It’s appreciated, but never expected.
Title: Meet Cute Diary
Author: Emery Lee
Publisher: Quill Tree Books
Category: Young adult
Genre: Romance, contemporary
Release date: May 4, 2021
Pre-order It from Bookshop.org!
Synopsis: “Felix Ever After meets Becky Albertalli in this swoon-worthy, heartfelt rom-com about how a transgender teen’s first love challenges his ideas about perfect relationships.
Noah Ramirez thinks he’s an expert on romance. He has to be for his popular blog, the Meet Cute Diary, a collection of trans happily ever afters. There’s just one problem—all the stories are fake. What started as the fantasies of a trans boy afraid to step out of the closet has grown into a beacon of hope for trans readers across the globe.
When a troll exposes the blog as fiction, Noah’s world unravels. The only way to save the Diary is to convince everyone that the stories are true, but he doesn’t have any proof. Then Drew walks into Noah’s life, and the pieces fall into place: Drew is willing to fake-date Noah to save the Diary. But when Noah’s feelings grow beyond their staged romance, he realizes that dating in real life isn’t quite the same as finding love on the page.
In this charming novel by Emery Lee, Noah will have to choose between following his own rules for love or discovering that the most romantic endings are the ones that go off script.”
- Queer teens getting rom-coms and happily ever afters? I am HERE. FOR. IT.
- I’ve been following Emery on Twitter for a long time, so this novel has been on my radar for a while! I’m so excited it’s almost out in the world.
- It’s comp’ed to Felix Ever After, which I utterly adored.
- As a teen services librarian, I’m always looking for YA that centers BIPOC queer & trans teens to add to my library’s collection.
- Fake dating? Sign me up! This is a romance trope that I truly never get sick of.
- Okay, seriously? That cover. It might actually be the cutest book cover of the year.
- Because you should be supporting the work of BIPOC queer & trans authors! Emery is a Black/Asian/Latinx trans author who the YA community should be hyping up and supporting.
- It’s perfect if you like fake-dating stories or queer rom-coms!
- Emery is also offering a pre-order incentive, so if you order or request it from your library, you can submit your receipt for some cool swag!
- If you like Kacen Callender, Becky Albertalli, or Sophie Gonzales, this YA rom-com will be right up your alley!
- Again, that cover! It literally includes an illustration of teens reading and holding book stacks. How can you look at that and not immediately want to read it?!
Is Meet Cute Diary on your TBR?