“It’s Monday! What are you reading?” is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date. The folks at Teacher Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers have given #IMWAYR a new lens by focusing on books for kids & teens. Check out their blogs to see what they’re reading!
Note: I am an affiliate of Bookshop.org and will receive a small commission if you choose to purchase via the links in this post. This is a way to support indie bookstores & the work I put into this blog! It’s appreciated, but never expected.
- The Awakening of Malcolm X by Ilyasah Shabazz & Tiffany D. Jackson
- As Far as You’ll Take Me by Phil Stamper
- The Magic Fish by Trung Le Nguyen
- A Map to the Sun by Sloane Leong
- River of Teeth by Sarah Gailey
A Map to the Sun and The Magic Fish had both been on my TBR for a long time, so I was excited to finally read them! I absolutely loved both of them and they definitely lived up to the hype. My partner and I listened to the audiobook version of River of Teeth together and we both really enjoyed it–we’re looking forward to starting the second book in the duology!
- Love is For Losers by Widke Brueggemann
- Dragon Hoops by Gene Luen Yang
- When Life Gives You Mangos by Kereen Getten
So excited to be finally starting Dragon Hoops! Love is for Losers is a queer YA contemporary, and When Life Gives You Mangos is an MG audiobook I just checked out on the Libby App.
What are you reading this week?