Can’t Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings where bloggers share the books they can’t wait for. I use it here on my blog to highlight an upcoming release I’m excited for and tell you why it should be on your TBR!
Title: Now That I’ve Found You
Author: Kristina Forest
Publisher: Roaring Brook Press
Release date: August 25, 2020
Goodreads Summary: “A YA novel about searching for answers, love, and your eccentric grandma in all the wrong places.
Following in the footsteps of her überfamous grandma, eighteen-year-old Evie Jones is poised to be Hollywood’s next big star. That is until a close friend’s betrayal leads to her being blacklisted . . .
Fortunately, Evie knows just the thing to save her floundering career: a public appearance with America’s most beloved actress—her grandma Gigi, aka the Evelyn Conaway. The only problem? Gigi is a recluse who’s been out of the limelight for almost twenty years. Days before Evie plans to present her grandma with an honorary award in front of Hollywood’s elite, Gigi does the unthinkable: she disappears.
With time running out and her comeback on the line, Evie reluctantly enlists the help of the last person to see Gigi before she vanished: Milo Williams, a cute musician Evie isn’t sure she can trust. As Evie and Milo conduct a wild manhunt across New York City, romance and adventure abound while Evie makes some surprising discoveries about her grandma—and herself.“
- I absolutely adored Kristina’s debut, I Wanna Be Where You Are, and have been eagerly awaiting more from her!
- I’m always here for YA rom-coms with #OwnVoices Black girl rep!
- Illustrated covers are one of my weaknesses, and this one is truly gorgeous!
- It’s a romance, but it’s also about complicated family dynamics and seeking answers
- It blends contemporary romance, adventure, and a hint of mystery!
- Because you should be supporting Black authors (always!)
- Kristina is hosting a pre-order campaign that includes the cutest swag!
- I’ve heard this has The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo vibes, so if you’re a Taylor Jenkins Reid fan, you won’t want to miss this one!
- It’s perfect if you like YA contemporary romance or books with celebrity characters
- Okay seriously, look at that cover! Doesn’t the way Milo looks at Evie just make you swoon?
- If you enjoyed Kristina’s first book, you’ll adore this one! And if you haven’t read it, now’s the perfect time to pick it up while you wait for this one.
Is Now That I’ve Found You by Kristina Forest on your TBR?