Can’t Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings where bloggers share the books they can’t wait for. I use it here on my blog to highlight an upcoming release I’m excited for and tell you why it should be on your TBR!
Title: 10 Things I Hate About Pinky
Author: Sandhya Menon
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release date: July 21, 2020
Goodreads Summary: “The follow-up to When Dimple Met Rishi and There’s Something about Sweetie follows Pinky and Samir as they pretend to date—with disastrous and hilarious results.
Pinky Kumar wears the social justice warrior badge with pride. From raccoon hospitals to persecuted rock stars, no cause is too esoteric for her to champion. But a teeny-tiny part of her also really enjoys making her conservative, buttoned-up corporate lawyer parents cringe.
Samir Jha might have a few . . . quirks remaining from the time he had to take care of his sick mother, like the endless lists he makes in his planner and the way he schedules every minute of every day, but those are good things. They make life predictable and steady.
Pinky loves lazy summers at her parents’ Cape Cod lake house, but after listening to them harangue her about the poor decisions (aka boyfriends) she’s made, she hatches a plan. Get her sorta-friend-sorta-enemy, Samir—who is a total Harvard-bound Mama’s boy—to pose as her perfect boyfriend for the summer. As they bicker their way through lighthouses and butterfly habitats, sparks fly, and they both realize this will be a summer they’ll never forget. “
- Sandhya Menon is one of my absolute favorite authors and I adore the Dimpleverse!
- When I read There’s Something About Sweetie (where Pinky & Samir were introduced), I was totally hoping Sandhya would write a Pinky story!
- Fake-dating is definitely one of my favorite romance tropes
- I love that Pinky is passionate about social justice! She’s definitely a character I know I’ll love
- I love a good summery romance, and the Cape Cod setting sounds so perfect
- Because you should be supporting romance with #OwnVoices Desi rep!
- You’ll love it if you’re a fan of the Dimpleverse, BUT each book in this series also works as a standalone!
- If you’re a fan of summer rom-coms, fake dating, enemies-to-lovers, this is perfect for you!
- The cover! Look at those buttons on her jacket, and the subtle streaks in her hair–you can already feel what a great character Pinky is
- Is it really summer without a Sandhya Menon rom-com?
Is 10 Things I Hate About Pinky by Sandhya Menon on your TBR?