Can’t Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings where bloggers share the books they can’t wait for. I use it here on my blog to highlight an upcoming release I’m excited for and tell you why it should be on your TBR!
Title: The Voting Booth
Author: Brandy Colbert
Release date: July 7, 2020
Goodreads Summary: “Marva Sheridan was born ready for this day. She’s always been driven to make a difference in the world, and what better way than to vote in her first election?
Duke Crenshaw is do done with this election. He just wants to get voting over with so he can prepare for his band’s first paying gig tonight.
Only problem? Duke can’t vote.
When Marva sees Duke turned away from their polling place, she takes it upon herself to make sure his vote is counted. She hasn’t spent months doorbelling and registering voters just to see someone denied their right. And that’s how their whirlwind day begins, rushing from precinct to precinct, cutting school, waiting in endless lines, turned away time and again, trying to do one simple thing: vote. They may have started out as strangers, but as Duke and Marva team up to beat a rigged system (and find Marva’s missing cat), it’s clear that there’s more to their connection than a shared mission for democracy.
Romantic and triumphant, The Voting Booth is proof that you can’t sit around waiting for the world to change?but some things are just meant to be.“
- Brandy Colbert is one of my all-time favorite authors! I’ve loved all of her books (except Pointe, which is still on my TBR!) and already know I’m going to adore this one
- Any YA contemporary romance is automatically on my TBR, and I am especially always excited for any romance starring characters of color
- I’m loving the trend of YA books that deal with elections and politics, like Yes No Maybe So, Running, and The State of Us, and this one is sure to be an incredible addition
- I love love love that this one is about the ways you can use your voice and make a difference
- Brandy is an amazing author & you should definitely pick this up, whether she’s one of your favorites too, or if this is your first of her books!
- Because you should be supporting #OwnVoices books by Black authors
- It’s a perfect romance for readers who like The Sun is Also a Star or other fall-in-love in a day romances!
- Because we should all be supporting, reading, & shouting about books that encourage political engagement and change.
- Look at that illustrated cover! How can you look at that and not immediately want to read it?
Is The Voting Booth by Brandy Colbert on your TBR?
One thought on “Can’t-Wait Wednesday | The Voting Booth”
This looks so so good! I’m going to pre-order it right away!