Can’t Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings where bloggers share the books they can’t wait for. I use it here on my blog to highlight an upcoming release I’m excited for and tell you why it should be on your TBR!
Title: The Falling in Love Montage
Author: Ciara Smyth
Publisher: Harper Teen
Release date: June 9, 2020
Goodreads Summary: “Saoirse doesn’t believe in love at first sight or happy endings. If they were real, her mother would still be able to remember her name and not in a care home with early onset dementia. A condition that Saoirse may one day turn out to have inherited. So she’s not looking for a relationship. She doesn’t see the point in igniting any romantic sparks if she’s bound to burn out.
But after a chance encounter at an end-of-term house party, Saoirse is about to break her own rules. For a girl with one blue freckle, an irresistible sense of mischief, and a passion for rom-coms.
Unbothered by Saoirse’s no-relationships rulebook, Ruby proposes a loophole: They don’t need true love to have one summer of fun, complete with every cliché, rom-com montage-worthy date they can dream up—and a binding agreement to end their romance come fall. It would be the perfect plan, if they weren’t forgetting one thing about the Falling in Love Montage: when it’s over, the characters actually fall in love… for real.“
- Because I love YA summer romances, and I live for f/f love stories!
- It’s a rom-com that also deals with serious topics, like a family member with dementia
- It sounds like a great readalike for Like Water by Rebecca Podos, which I adored!
- I love the idea of a novel that embraces cliches and cheesy rom-com moments
- Illustrated covers are my weakness, and the orangey sunset vibes on this one are so gorgeous!
- The relationship-agreement trope is one of my favorites!
- Dahlia Adler, who I love, blurbed this book! I always trust her blurbs and reviews.
- Because you should be supporting queer books!
- With 2020 being such a rough year, we can definitely all use a fun, cheesy, summer rom-com!
- Because you should support debut authors! So many authors, especially new authors debuting this year, are being impacted by COVID-19, so reading & supporting new authors is a great way to help.
- Who doesn’t want a sweet rom-com with a beautiful cover on their shelves?!
Is The Falling in Love Montage by Ciara Smyth on your TBR?