“It’s Monday! What are you reading?” is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date. The folks at Teacher Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers have given #IMWAYR a new lens by focusing on books for kids & teens. Check out their blogs to see what they’re reading!
With the COVID-19 pandemic going on, I’ve been doing a ton of reading both out of an abundance of free time cooped up inside, and out of stress. I haven’t read this much in one week in a longgggg time!
WHAT I READ LAST WEEK:
- Stand Up, Yumi Chung! by Jessica Kim
- Most Likely by Sarah Watson
- Darling Rose Gold by Stephanie Wrobel
- Tigers, Not Daughters by Samantha Mabry
- Go With the Flow by Lily Williams & Karen Schneemann
- The Hidden Witch by Molly Ostertag
- The Avant-Guards Vol. 2 by Carly Usdin & Noah Hayes
- New Kid by Jerry Craft
- Music From Another World by Robin Talley
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Vol. 2 by Jordie Bellaire, Joss Whedon, & David López
WHAT I’M READING THIS WEEK:
- What I Like About You by Marisa Kanter
- Kenzie Kickstarts a Team (The Derby Daredevils #1) by Kit Rosewater & Sophie Escabasse
- When You Were Everything by Ashley Woodfolk
Can’t wait to dive into these! We’re in the midst of a really stressful, scary time and I’m so grateful books exist to help me get through this. I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!
What are you reading this week?
6 thoughts on “It’s Monday! What are you reading? March 16, 2020”
The Derby Devils book looks adorable, I may just pre-order it out of a long love of roller derby (watching bouts, not participating!). Have a good week, and stay safe.
How exciting to get to see so many wonderful covers on your page, today. I just finished New Kid a couple weeks ago and I really want to read The Witch Boy series — I keep hearing wonderful things. Thanks for these shares and I hope you have a wonderful week, Ari!
Lots of books last week for you – wow! And I’m currently reading The Book of M and Girl, Woman, Other…both of which are great so far.
What a great selection! I was actually just about to start New Kid, and I’ve also heard good things about Stand Up, Yumi Chung! Thanks for the post!
I need to catch up on The Witch Boy and Derby Daredevils looks good too. Happy reading!
You have read some wonderful books this week. Molly Ostertag’s whole which series is wonderful. New Kid is just brilliant. Thanks for this list. I’ve added Stand Up, Yumi Chung! to my list now.