Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, where book bloggers are invited to share their top ten lists centered on a certain theme.
This week’s theme was “books I hope to find under my Christmas tree,” but instead of talking about books I want to receive as gifts, I’d much rather talk about books I’m giving this holiday season! This is a fun mix of all sorts of books that I’ve either given as gifts, plan to give, or have recommended as gifts.
Here’s my favorite books to gift to others:
1. Dreamers by Yuyi Morales: This is my favorite book to give to new or expecting parents! It’s such a beautiful story about migration, love, and dreaming (and it features a library!). I’ll forever be gifting this to every possible family that I can.
2. Mirage by Somaiya Daud: This is one of my favorite underrated sci-fi fantasy novels! I recently recommended this to a coworker who needed a gift for a friend who loves YA fantasy and is a big Star Wars buff.
3. Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore: I was at a holiday party last week where I was introduced to someone because the person mentioned that she needed help picking out books to give her friends. As soon as she said her friend liked magical realism, Anna-Marie’s books were the very first thing I suggested!
4. Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid: I just purchases the audiobook version for someone I know who loves 1970s music, narrative nonfiction (this is fiction but mimics narrative nonfiction in many ways), and enthralling audiobooks. Fingers crossed that she loves this audiobook as much as I did!
5. How Mamas Love Their Babies by Juniper Fitzgerald & Elise Peterson: This picture book all about different kinds of moms sounds amazing, and it’s the first children’s book to depict a sex-worker parent. I have a family in mind to buy this for soon, and I know they’ll appreciate it!
6. Girls and Their Cats by BriAnne Wills: I recently purchased this book for myself, and ended up loving it so much that I had to buy it for one of my fellow cat lady friends! It’s a really lovely book full of gorgeous pictures and stories about women and their cats. (P.S. the hard cover has a velvet spine with gold lettering, and I’m obsessed!).
7. A Child of Books by Oliver Jeffers & Sam Winston: This book is a love letter to childhood reading, and having your youth shaped by language. I’ve given this to both kids & adults and it’s always a big hit!
8. Stitch Stories: Personal Places, Spaces, and Traces in Textile Art by Cas Holmes: My coworker loves textile art and fabric, so as soon as I saw this book, I knew it was perfect for her! She loved it, and now I’m thinking of gifting a copy to my mom too.
9. Here We Are: Notes for Living on Planet Earth by Oliver Jeffers: Can you tell I love Oliver Jeffers? This is another perfect one for new parents because it’s written as a guide to existing on Earth. It’s so cute & everyone I’ve gifted it to has loved it!
10. Hungry Hearts edited by Caroline Tung Richmond & Elise Chapman: Honestly, who doesn’t love a book about food? This is such a perfect gift for YA readers of all ages, because it’s all about the warmth and culture that comes with food.
What’s your favorite book you’ve gifted to someone?
12 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday | My Favorite Books to Gift”
Here We Are is such a cute book! I haven’t read any of the others on your list (although Mirage has been on my TBR for quite some time), but they all sound amazing! Happy Reading!
My Top Ten Tuesday!
I love both Wild Beauty and Mirage. Such amazing books.
Love your twist on this week’s topic! How Mamas Love Their Babies sounds so interesting, and Mirage, Wild Beauty and Daisy Jones & The Six are all on my TBR. Merry Christmas!
Wild Beauty was on my list to receive, so I’m glad it’s a good gift idea! I love your twist on this week’s topic 🙂
My Top Ten Tuesday
Dreamers and How Mamas Love Their Babies both sound adorable. 🙂
Yes, Daisy Jones is a marvelous gift! Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays!
I might have to get a copy of Girls and Their Cats for myself and my girls (and our three cats). Great list!
Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!
Daisy Jones was such a fun book! I hope you get all the books you wish for!
I need that Girls and Their Cats book. How fun! I love gifting books. 🙂
#4 was my favorite read this year. I have a feeling I’m going to be giving it out a bunch in the next year as gifts, too!
I hope your friends love these books. They make such great gifts. Merry Christmas!
Yes, Mirage was awesome! I can’t wait for the sequel!
Check out my TTT and my Popsugar Reading Challenge TBR