Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, where book bloggers are invited to share their top ten lists centered on a certain theme.
This week’s theme was a freebie theme, so I decided to talk about 2019 releases I still haven’t gotten to! I’ve read so many amazing books this year but like most bookworms, I don’t have nearly enough time to read every single book that I wanted to.
Here’s just a few of the 2019 releases that I still haven’t read yet (but want to!):
1. Twice in a Blue Moon by Christina Lauren: Christina Lauren has won my heart over the last year, but my ARC pile got out of control and I was never able to get to this one. I know I’m going to love it when I finally do get to it!
2. Lalani of the Distant Sea by Erin Entrada Kelly: Erin is one of my favorite middle grade authors, and I was so excited to start this audiobook. It was due back to the library before I could finish it, but I’m hoping to pick it up again soon.
3. The Wise and the Wicked by Rebecca Podos: I loved Rebecca’s Like Water and have been wanting to read more from her ever since! I’m hoping to finally have time for this one eventually.
4. The Stars and the Blackness Between Them by Junauda Petrus: I’ve heard amazing things about this love story between two queer black girls! This book is right up my alley and I’m bummed that I haven’t had time to read it yet.
5. It’s a Whole Spiel edited by Katherine Locke & Laura Silverman: As a Jewish reader, I was so excited for this book but Fall got away from me and I didn’t have a chance to read it when it first came out! Now I’m hoping to read it during Hanukkah because that just seems so perfect.
6. Girls Like Us by Randi Pink: This historical YA novel dealing with unplanned pregnancy sounds fascinating! It’s definitely still on my TBR and I hope I’ll get to it in 2020.
7. By Any Means Necessary by Candice Montgomery: Candice’s debut Home & Away had such a distinct voice, and I’m eager to read more from her!
8. Faker by Sarah Smith: I definitely got way more into romance novels this year, and I’ve heard good things about this one! I picked up a signed copy at my local bookstore a couple months ago and have been meaning to read it since.
9. No Judgements by Meg Cabot: How have I not read Meg’s latest yet?! I’ve loved her books since I first picked them up in 6th grade!
10. Tell Me How You Really Feel by Aminah Mae Safi: There are few things I love more than f/f romances, and yet I somehow haven’t gotten to this one yet! Just look at that cover! *swoons*
Have you read any of these 2019 releases? Should I try to squeeze any of them in before the year is up?
20 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday | 2019 Releases I Still Haven’t Gotten to”
I’m so happy to see you posting on this week’s T10T! ♥ I think at least 8 of these are still on my TBR, too. 😂 It was just SUCH a good year for YA releases, you know?! I didn’t realize how few 2019 releases I actually got around to this year until I started trying to vote in award nominations and stuff. I think one of my big goals for 2020 will be to catch up on some of these awesome 2019 releases I missed! ❤ Hope you're having a lovely week, friend!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks Destiny!! It’s been a super hectic few months for me and I’m trying to get back to my regular blogging schedule again–fingers crossed I can stick with it! And ugh yes, there were sooooo many great YA releases this year!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Looks like a fun list of books you will dig into soon! My TTT list
Twice in Blue Moon is on my tbr too. I was nervous about the mixed reviews I’ve seen, but I think I still have to read it! 😉 Great list!
Here’s my TTT
So many books, so little time, right? There are a couple of these I hadn’t heard of yet. I hope you can get to these soon.
I haven’t had the change to read any of these, but I hope that you enjoy them when you do. Thanks for the post.
Lots of these I hadn’t heard of yet! I hope you can finish some/all of them soon.
Here’s my list:
Great list! Tell Me How You Really Feel and The Wise and the Wicked are two I’d really like to read, and I love the sound of The Stars and the Blackness Between Them and Girls Like Us. I’ll be adding those two to my TBR!
Looks like such a fun list of books! I really need to pick up a Christina Lauren book as I’ve heard everyone talking about them, I just haven’t made the time haha
Here’s my link:
Those are ten beautiful covers! I hope you get to read them all.
I DNF Girls Like Us, but I hope you have better luck with it.
And The Stars and the Blackness Between Them has been on my TBR forever. Really need to check out that one.
Some of these are on my TBR as well! I haven’t read any of them either haha. I hope both of us can read them soon and love them!
Here’s my TTT:
I have most of these on my TBR too. There was too many other books that I needed to read opposed to new releases. I’ll get to them eventually. Ha!
Oh great, more books I have to add to my TBR now 😉 😉 😉
One of these days, I will read a Christina Lauren book! She gets such great reviews. Hopefully you can get to some of these soon.
Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!
You’re not alone – I haven’t read any of these either. Some of them are on my TBR list so hopefully, I’ll get to them sometime soonish. I definitely need more hours in the day to read!
Christina Lauren and Meg Cabot are two authors I’ve been anxious to try! I know how you feel though – my TBR pile is literally miles long – it’s so hard to cram in everything I want to read each year! I adore The Rise and the Wicked cover! 😀 Happy Tuesday!
I relate to this post so hard because I’ve only read 2 new releases this year. I have so many books that I need to read next year!
Great list! I have quite a few of these on my TBR that I am dying to get my hands on and read. I hope you get the chance soon.
I’m definitely hoping to read Tell Me How You Really Feel. Thanks for sharing.
Lauren @ Always Me