Welcome to my monthly wrap-up post, where I share all the books I’ve read this month! January was a great reading month for me, and I’m so happy I got to kick off 2019 with so many amazing books. I’m hoping to read a total of 150 books this year, and so far, I’m making good progress! In January, I read a total of 18 books. Here’s what I read:
- Black Enough: Stories of Being Young & Black in America edited by Ibi Zoboi
- Sorry Not Sorry by Jaime Reed
- Mirage by Somaiya Daud, audiobook narrated by Rasha Zamamiri
- The Past and Other Things That Should Stay Buried by Shaun David Hutchinson
- There’s Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins, audiobook narrated by Bahni Turpin
- All is Fair by Dee Garretson
- Internment by Samira Ahmed
- The Birds, the Bees, and You and Me by Olivia Hinebaugh
- On the Come Up by Angie Thomas
- The Young Elites by Marie Lu, audiobook narrated by Carla Corvo & Lannon Killea
YA will always be my true love and I’m so glad I got to read so many amazing ones this month! My favorites were definitely On the Come Up, Internment, and Black Enough but I also really loved The Past and Other Things That Should Stay Buried (Shaun’s one of my favorite authors and his books never disappoint me!). Mirage pleasantly surprised me as a non-fantasy reader, and I can’t wait for the next one in the series. The Birds, the Bees, and You and Me was also a really enjoyable book that I know I’ll be recommending to teens a lot!
- The House That Lou Built by Mae Respicio
- To Night Owl from Dogfish by Holly Goldberg Sloan & Meg Wolitzer
I may have only read two MG books, but I adored both of them! The House That Lou Built was a touching, heartfelt own-voices novel about a Filipino girl. I’m always looking for more Filipino rep in kidlit and absolutely loved this one. To Night Owl From Dogfish is also a super fun read that I literally laughed out loud reading. I’m lucky to be part of the blog tour for this sweet, diverse MG novel, so stay tuned for more about it!
- Saga, Vol. 2 by Brian K. Vaughn & Fiona Staples
- Quiet Girl in a Noisy World: An Introvert’s Story by Debbie Tung
- Little Moments of Love by Catana Chetwynd
- Goldie Vance, Vol. 4 by Hope Larson, Jackie Ball, Elle Power, & Sarah Stern
- Open Earth by Sarah Mirk, Eva Cabrera, & Claudia Aguirre
- Book Love by Debbie Tung
I got to read so many fun graphic novels & comic collections in January! I currently have about 15+ graphic novels and comic books checked out from my library, and one of my February goals is to finally read and return all of them (some have been overdue for months!).
Here’s how I read my books in January:
- 3 eBooks
- 3 audiobooks
- 7 ARCs
- 5 physical, finished books
All eBooks, audiobooks, and physical finished books were checked out from my public library. We just got Hoopla and I’ve been loving the eBooks and eAudiobooks they offer (in addition to Libby, which I also love)!
What was your favorite book you read in January?
One thought on “January 2019 Wrap-up”
My favorite read of January was Crown of Feathers! I loved Mirage, hope you enjoyed your January reads!