Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, where book bloggers are invited to share their top ten lists centered on a certain theme.
I’ve been really in the mood for middle grade books lately, so this week I decided to share my most anticipated middle grade releases of 2021!
Note: I am an affiliate of Bookshop.org and will receive a small commission if you choose to purchase via the links in this post. This is a way to support indie bookstores & the work I put into this blog! It’s appreciated, but never expected.
- The Year I Flew Away by Marie Arnold: This historical novel set in 1985 follows a 10 year-old girl who moves from Haiti to the US. Out on Feb. 2!
2. Soul Lanterns by Shaw Kuzki: Another historical MG, this one deals with the Hiroshima bombing. Out on March 16!
3. All You Knead is Love by Tanya Guerrero: I love that this one has Filipino rep and involves baking. It sounds adorable! Out on March 30.
4. Sugar and Spite by Gail D. Villanueva: I loved Gail’s debut, My Fate According to the Butterfly, and have been wanting to read more from her ever since! Out on April 20.
5. The Shape of Thunder by Jasmine Warga: I’ve enjoyed several of Jasmine’s previous books and am so excited for her new book about friendship and loss. Out on May 11!
6. Unsettled by Reem Faruqi: An #OwnVoices story about a Pakistani girl immigrating to the US and finding her place & voice? Heck yes! Out on May 11.
7. That Thing About Bollywood by Supriya Kelkar: I loved one of Supriya’s previous middle grade novels, American as Paneer Pie, and am so looking forward to reading more from her! Out on May 18.
8. Ophie’s Ghosts by Justina Ireland: Another historical novel, this one takes place in the 1920s and sounds perfectly spooky! Out on May 18.
9. Hazel Bly and the Deep Blue Sea by Ashley Herring Blake: Ashley is one of my all-time favorite authors, and I love that this book deals with grief and anxiety–two subjects that we need to talk about more in kidlit. Out on May 25!
10. Generation Misfits by Akemi Dawn Bowman: I’ve absolutely adored all of Akemi’s YA books and have been waiting not-so-patiently for her MG debut! This one follows an eleven year-old girl who finds friendship through J-pop. Out on June 29!
What’s your most anticipated release of 2021?
Thanks for reading my post! I would like to ask that you please also take the time to read about how you can support Black Lives Matter, as well as the Junk Terror Bill initiative.
7 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday | Most Anticipated Middle Grade”
All of these covers are amazing!
Read With Tiffany
I’ve been getting more into middle grade lately, have been reading the Pages & Co series, so appreciate the recommendations! Happy reading! My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/books-written-before-i-was-born-the-classics-edition/
Soul Lanterns sounds interesting!
Great list! I had no idea Justina Ireland had a MG coming out, so that’s going straight on my TBR, and Soul Lanterns sounds so interesting.
I love Middle Grade and would like to read more of it this year as well. Great topic! Here is my post-https://paigesofbook.blogspot.com/2021/02/ten-tuesday-books-series-i-would.html.
All interesting choices but I’m definitely most interested with All You Knead is Love😄
I’ve been in the mood for young adult/middle grade books recently as well. Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!