Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, where book bloggers are invited to share their top ten lists centered on a certain theme.
This week’s theme was favorite books of 2020! I’ve read over 200 books this year so it’s really hard for me to pick my absolute favorites–especially when so many of them were so good! So this list is really more *some* of my favorites than my absolute top ten favorites! 2020 was such a hard year and books definitely helped get me through.
Note: I am an affiliate of Bookshop.org and will receive a small commission if you choose to purchase via the links in this post. This is a way to support indie bookstores & the work I put into this blog! It’s appreciated, but never expected.
1. You Should See Me in a Crown by Leah Johnson: If you haven’t seen this f/f YA rom-com all over the place, what have you been doing?! Seriously, this one totally lives up to the hype and will be one of my forever favorites.
2. The Henna Wars by Adiba Jaigirdar: I absolutely adored this YA romance about two queer girls with rival henna businesses! This novel also stars two girls of color with very different experiences, and deals with cultural appropriation.
3. Recommended For You by Laura Silverman: This YA rom-com about two teen booksellers competing for a holiday bonus was so happy and fluffy! It has #OwnVoices Jewish rep and a diverse cast, which I love to see! I was also honored to be a part of the official blog tour–you can read my review here.
4. Today Tonight Tomorrow by Rachel Lynn Solomon: Speaking of #OwnVoices Jewish rep, here’s another romance I adored! This 24 hour enemies-to-lovers romance was such a fun read and I basically just swooned the whole time.
5. Grown by Tiffany D. Jackson: Tiffany is a master storyteller and Grown was utterly engrossing and un-put-downable. This fast paced read does deal with some heavy subjects, so be sure to read the trigger warnings listed at the beginning of the book.
6. Lobizona by Romina Garber: This YA novel about an undocumented teen who finds out she’s also a werewolf was INCREDIBLE. I couldn’t put it down, and I absolutely cannot wait for the sequel Cazadora!
7. What I Like About You by Marisa Kanter: What, another YA rom-com with #OwnVoices Jewish rep? Yep! I loved that this one was about a teen book blogger, and it just felt like a love letter to YA readers.
8. Harley in the Sky by Akemi Dawn Bowman: Akemi is one of my all-time favorite authors, and her third contemporary YA novel was just as amazing as her first two! This one follows a teen named Harley who runs away to join a circus–and it also deals with mental health, first love, and family.
9. The Voting Booth by Brandy Colbert: Brandy is another of my favorite authors, and I absolutely adored this 24 hour romance about two very different teens who meet in line at the polls!
10. Miss Meteor by Tehlor Kay Mejia and Anna-Marie McLemore: Two of my favorite authors teamed up to write this YA novel, and the result was incredible! I loved this story of an underdog trying to win a beauty pageant, with little touches of magic.
What was your favorite read in 2020?
Thanks for reading my post! I would like to ask that you please also take the time to read about how you can support Black Lives Matter, as well as the Junk Terror Bill initiative.
13 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday | 2020 FAVORITES”
Ahh i’m currently reading what I like about you and am loving it ❤️❤️
Few on your list also happen to be ob my virtual wanna read!
Hi Ari! What a lovely blog you have! My name is Elza and I’m a fluffy white kitten, okay – I’m 13 months already so I guess that makes me a cat now, but I just love your blog!! Sure you can hear me purr all the way from South Africa here.
Great list for your best reads for 2020 by the way! Here’s to hoping 2021 will bring even better ones for you.
You are welcome to stroll over to our blog and say hi!
Elza Reads Favorite Top Top Ten for 2020
Great list! Another of Tiffany D. Jackson’s books made my list this week and I’m so excited to try Grown.
I’m sure curious about The Henna Wars.
I haven’t actually read any of these books but they all sound super interesting, especially Henna Wars! Great post!!
It looks like you had a great reading year in 2020 just by this list!
I had the same problem this week. After reading so many great books, how was I supposed to boil it all down to ten? And I love that you included The Voting Booth! Finally a book with a political backdrop that actually works.
THE HENNA WARS and RECOMMENDED FOR YOU are two I definitely want to read in 2021. I’ve heard great things about both! Glad you enjoyed them and all your other picks.
Love your list! I will definitely look for You Should See Me in a Crown. I don’t read a lot of YA these days, but still like it!
I have You Should See Me in a Crown – I need to read that one soon!
You Should See Me In A Crown was marvelous and it made my list too!
Lauren @ Always Me
I loved Today Tonight Tomorrow and The Henna Wars too, they’re definitely some of my favorites of 2020. I also really enjoyed The Voting Booth and Recommended for You. Great post!
I need to pick up Grown. I loved the author’s other books. Have a great 2021!