“It’s Monday! What are you reading?” is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date. The folks at Teacher Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers have given #IMWAYR a new lens by focusing on books for kids & teens. Check out their blogs to see what they’re reading!
I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy! It’s definitely a scary, stressful time and I am so fortunate that I still have access to books as they’ve really helped in maintaining my mental health during social isolation.
- A Phoenix First Must Burn by Patrice Caldwell
- The Oracle Code by Marieke Nijkamp & Manuel Preitano
- Rules for Being a Girl by Candace Bushnell & Katie Cotugno
- In the Role of the Brie Hutchens by Nicole Melleby
- Black Brother, Black Brother by Jewell Parker Rhodes
- Snapdragon by Kat Leyh
- The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix
- The Honey-Don’t List by Christina Lauren
- Break the Fall by Jennifer Iacopelli
I’ve definitely been spending a lot of time reading lately, and there have been so many amazing releases in 2020 so far!
- The Kingdom of Back by Marie Lu
- Late to the Party by Kelly Quindlen
- Mad, Bad & Dangerous to Know by Samira Ahmed
All three of these have been highly anticipated reads for me, so I’m excited to be starting them! Books have really been helping me get through social isolation, and I’m so grateful to have access to them.
What are you reading this week?