“It’s Monday! What are you reading?” is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date. The folks at Teacher Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers have given #IMWAYR a new lens by focusing on books for kids & teens. Check out their blogs to see what they’re reading!
WHAT I READ LAST WEEK
- Take the Mic: Fictional Stories of Everyday Resistance edited by Bethany C. Morrow
- SLAY by Brittney Morris
- Genderqueer by Maia Kobabe
- The Arrival of Someday by Jen Malone
- Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell & Faith Erin Hicks
So many amazing reads! The Arrival of Someday destroyed me, and SLAY is now one of my favorites of 2019. Pumpkinheads put me in such a fall mood!
WHAT I’M READING THIS WEEK:
- Dear Sweet Pea by Julie Murphy: Julie’s one of my favorite authors ever, and I’m so excited to read her middle grade debut about a girl dealing with divorce (out on October 1). Plus it wins major points for having an orange cat on the cover! Thanks Balzer + Bray for the free review copy!
- Pet by Akwaeke Emezi: This YA debut about a black trans girl living in a utopian society where monsters have been eradicated has been getting rave reviews. I just started the audiobook and am loving it so far!
- The Alchemyst by Michael Scott: Totally different from my normal kind of reading, this one’s for the middle grade book club that I oversee at one of my libraries!
What are you reading this week?