Note: I am an affiliate of Bookshop.org and will receive a small commission if you choose to purchase via the links in this post. This is a way to support indie bookstores & the work I put into this blog! It’s appreciated, but never expected.
Hey friends! It’s been a few months since I posted, and even longer since I was actually posting regularly–although I’ve still been active on my bookstagram account. Things have been pretty hectic over the last year, but one of my 2022 goals is to start posting on here again. Although it takes a bit of time to do that, I do really enjoy having a space to talk about books that isn’t limited like Instagram!
Anyway, let’s take some time to catch up! Here’sNote: I am an affiliate of Bookshop.org and will receive a small commission if you choose to purchase via the links in this post. This is a way to support indie bookstores & the work I put into this blog! It’s appreciated, but never expected some new things that have happened for me in the last year or so:
- I got a full-time job! After working part-time at two different public libraries for the last few years, I was offered a full time position at one of these libraries in 2021. I now get to do teen services full time at a library I really like.
- My library reopened to the public in mid-2021 with limited hours, and we expanded back to our full hours in January 2022. Working with the public during a pandemic has honestly been pretty rough, but I am grateful that my library has been taking precautions (we’re still requiring masks, thankfully!).
- Even though I haven’t been posting on here, I’ve still been reading! In 2021, I read 226 books and so far in 2022, I’ve read 34.
- I got to be a character in a YA book! As part of a contest win, Sandhya Menon gave me a cameo in her 2021 book, Of Princes and Promises. If you pick up this book, a certain bookish nerd named Ari who loves comics and cats just might sound familiar…
And of course, I have to share a few of my favorite books that I’ve read in the last year(ish):
- The Cost of Knowing by Brittney Morris
- The Girls I’ve Been by Tess Sharpe
- The Ones We’re Meant to Find by Joan He
- Meet Cute Diary by Emery Lee
- Hani and Ishu’s Guide to Fake Dating by Adiba Jaigirdar
- This Poison Heart by Kalynn Bayron
- The Passing Playbook by Isaac Fitzsimons
- When We Make It by Elisabet Velasquez
- Out of the Fire by Andrea Contos
- Bad Witch Burning by Jessica Lewis
- The Darkness Outside Us by Eliot Schrefer
- Love & Other Disasters by Anita Kelly
Let me know what’s new with you (bookish or otherwise) and what you’ve been reading and loving lately!