Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, where book bloggers are invited to share their top ten lists centered on a certain theme.
This week’s theme is books I meant to read in 2020 but never got to. There were so many amazing books released in 2020, and while I got to read quite a bit of them, there are definitely still a bunch I missed! I’m still really excited for all of these and hoping to get to them eventually.
Note: I am an affiliate of Bookshop.org and will receive a small commission if you choose to purchase via the links in this post. This is a way to support indie bookstores & the work I put into this blog! It’s appreciated, but never expected.
- Never Look Back by Lilliam Rivera: Lilliam’s first two books, The Education of Margot Sanchez and Dealing in Dreams, are some of my favorite YA books! I totally meant to get to her third YA novel in 2020 but hopefully I’ll get to it in 2021 instead.
2. Charming as a Verb by Ben Philippe: I really enjoyed Ben’s debut, and this one was described as being perfect for fans of Jenny Han and Nicola Yoon! I’m hoping to pick this one up as an audiobook.
3. The Falling in Love Montage by Ciara Smyth: Okay, I honestly can’t believe I didn’t read this one yet because f/f YA romances are my brand. I’m really looking forward to reading this one when I need a pick-me-up!
4. Don’t Ask Me Where I’m From by Jennifer De Leon: First off, this book has one of the best covers of 2020! It deals with immigration and racism, and is definitely one I still want to pick up.
5. Dark and Deepest Red by Anna-Marie McLemore: Anna-Marie is one of my all-time favorite authors, and I honestly can’t believe I somehow never got around to reading this one! I have a copy sitting on my shelf and am definitely making it a goal to read it this year.
6. The Sound of Stars by Alechia Dow: Another one I bought but never actually read (don’t judge me!)! I love that this one is queer and involves aliens and secret libraries.
7. Vampires Never Get Old by Zoraida Cordova & Natalie C. Parker: I love all things vampires (Buffy the Vampire Slayer will forever be my favorite thing) and anthologies are always fun! I’m so looking forward to picking up this 2020 release in 2021.
8. How It All Blew Up by Arvin Ahmadi: This one got really great reviews and was blurbed by Angie Thomas! I’m hoping to make this one of my first audiobooks of 2021.
9. Here the Whole Time by Vitor Martins: I’ve seen a few of my friends on bookstagram rave about this queer YA love story set in Brazil! I already know I’ll love it when I do read it.
10. Wicked as You Wish by Rin Chupeco: All of Rin’s books are on my TBR, and I was especially excited for this one! I’m so bummed I never got around to reading it, but definitely hoping to make time for it soon.
What 2020 release is still on your TBR?
Thanks for reading my post! I would like to ask that you please also take the time to read about how you can support Black Lives Matter, as well as the Junk Terror Bill initiative.
5 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday | 2020 releases still on my tbr”
The Sound of Stars sounds amazing!! Great post
Great list! Dark and Deepest Red and Vampire Never Get Old are both still on my TBR, too. I hope you enjoy all of these!
Wicked As You Wish was released in 2020?!?! Another book I still need to read from last year 😦
The Falling in Love Montage was one of the first books I finished this month, I hope you enjoy it!
I have all of Rin Chupeco’s books on my TBR too but the only one I’ve gotten around to so far is The Girl from the Well. Hopefully we’ll both get around to Wicked as You Wish this year 😀