“It’s Monday! What are you reading?” is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date. The folks at Teacher Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers have given #IMWAYR a new lens by focusing on books for kids & teens. Check out their blogs to see what they’re reading!
My reading & blogging schedule has been a little sporadic lately, but I’m working on getting back on track!
- Burn Our Bodies Down by Rory Power
- You Say It First by Katie Cotugno
- The Voting Booth by Brandy Colbert
Burn Our Bodies Down and The Voting Booth were two of my most anticipated summer reads, so I was so happy to read them! The Voting Booth and You Say It First deal with similar themes and paired well together.
- Cinderella is Dead by Kalynn Bayron
- The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
- Kindred: A Graphic Novel Adaptation by Octavia Butler, Damian Duffy, & John Jennings
I just started Cinderella is Dead and am already obsessed with this YA fantasy about queer Black girls taking down the patriarchy! I’m listening to the audiobook of The Vanishing Half because I’ve heard amazing things, even though I don’t normally enjoy adult fiction (other than romance!). I love Kindred and have been meaning to read the graphic novel for a long time, so I’m including it here to hold myself accountable to actually read it.
What are you reading this week?