“Like That? Read This!” is my new weekly feature where I provide librarian-curated book recommendations. Each week I’ll be picking a recent release and sharing a list of similar books to pick up if you liked it! “Like That? Read This!” is also perfect when you’re waiting for a library copy of a hot new release and need something to read in the meantime.
Librarians and educators are welcome to use “Like That? Read This!” to create readalike lists, displays, or other readers advisory tools for their students/readers!
Title: Go With the Flow
Author: Lily Williams & Karen Schneemann
Publisher: First Second
Release date: January 14, 2020
Goodreads Summary: “Good friends help you go with the flow.
Best friends help you start a revolution.
Sophomores Abby, Brit, Christine, and Sasha are fed up. Hazelton High never has enough tampons. Or pads. Or adults who will listen.
Sick of an administration that puts football before female health, the girls confront a world that shrugs―or worse, squirms―at the thought of a menstruation revolution. They band together to make a change. It’s no easy task, especially while grappling with everything from crushes to trig to JV track but they have each other’s backs. That is, until one of the girls goes rogue, testing the limits of their friendship and pushing the friends to question the power of their own voices.
Now they must learn to work together to raise each other up. But how to you stand your ground while raising bloody hell?“
- Period Power: A Manifesto for the Menstrual Movement by Nadya Okamoto
- Periods Gone Public: Taking a Stand for Menstrual Equity by Jennifer Weiss-Wolf
- Period: Twelve Voices Tell the Bloody Truth edited by Kate Farrell
- Man-Eaters by Chelsea Cain
- The Plain Janes by Cecil Castellucci & Jim Rugg
- What Makes Girls Sick and Tired by Lucile de Pesloüan & Genevieve Darling
- Watch Us Rise by Renée Watson & Ellen Hagan
- The Moon Within by Aida Salazar
- The Nowhere Girls by Amy Reed
Have you read Go With the Flow? What else would you add to this list?