Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, where book bloggers are invited to share their top ten lists centered on a certain theme.
This week I’m sharing some of my favorite books I discovered at the library! Despite being a librarian, I rarely have the joy of chancing upon a new book I haven’t heard of; so much of my time is spent keeping up to date with new books so I don’t get the magic of finding one I haven’t heard of often! But I do have a few favorites that I discovered in my earlier library days.
1. We are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson: Anyone who knows me IRL knows how much I love this book! I’m so glad I happened to pick it up when I was working as a library page, and noticed that it was about a queer teen and alien abductions.
2. We Are Okay by Nina LaCour: I’d read some of Nina’s previous books but decided to check this one out from my library after seeing what a short read it was! I’m so glad I did, because it’s definitely a favorite for me.
3. Exit, Pursued By a Bear by E.K. Johnston: This was one I checked out on a whim based on the title! This YA contemporary about sexual assault centers survivors and is such an uplifting story. I definitely recommend this one to teens all the time at my library!
4. The Summer of Jordi Perez (And the Best Burger in Los Angeles) by Amy Spalding: I checked this one out as soon as it hit our library’s shelves, and it’s now one of my favorite YA summer rom-coms!
5. The Astonishing Color of After by Emily X.R. Pan: Another one that I checked out as soon as I saw it at my library! This YA novel about mental health, identity, family, and trauma is by far one of my favorite books of all time.
6. Blood Water Paint by Joy McCullough: I checked this one out after a friend recommended it! I didn’t know much about it but I’m so glad I checked it out, because it’s such an incredible historical YA read!
7. Let’s Talk About Love by Claire Kann: As soon as I saw this cover face-out at my library, I immediately checked it out! I absolutely adore this new-adult contemporary summer romance about an asexual black girl (who works in a library!) and shout about it all the time.
8. The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis: One of the first books I checked out after grad school! I was getting back to reading for fun and had been away from the YA world for so long and didn’t know what to read. This neon cover definitely caught my eye, and it’s still a favorite!
9. Girl Out of Water by Laura Silverman: This is another one I checked out after hearing about it from a friend. This is definitely a YA novel that deserves more love (and library check-outs!).
10. Little & Lion by Brandy Colbert: I picked this one up at the library because of the cover, and absolutely fell in love with the book. Now Brandy is one of my favorite authors ever!
What’s your favorite book you discovered at the library?