Before I read Julie Murphy’s Dumplin’, I hadn’t ever thought much about Dolly Parton. Of course, I knew who she was, had heard of Dollywood, and loved that one scene in Miss Congeniality 2 when Sandra Bullock tackles her. But I’d never taken the time to listen to her music or think much about her.
Dumplin’ definitely changed that for me! Willowdean showed me how much Dolly can inspire people to be themselves and not care at all what someone thinks. I definitely have a newfound appreciate for Dolly Parton and sometimes now, you might even catch me singing along to Jolene.
Anyway, the Netflix movie adaptation (with music by Dolly herself!) of Dumplin’ is finally out today & you can bet I’m super excited to watch it. I was giddy to make a display of readalikes at my library and I’m sharing everything you need to recreate the display at yours.
DOWNLOAD & PRINT THE FLYER FOR FREE HERE.
BOOKS YOU CAN INCLUDE
(Alphabetical by author)
- Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli
- The Sweetheart of Prosper County by Jill S. Alexander
- Meet Cute edited by Jennifer Armentrout
- This Is What It Feels Like by Rebecca Barrow
- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
- Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit by Jaye Robin Brown
- American Panda by Gloria Chau
- Fireworks by Katie Cotugno
- Winning by Lara Deloza
- Fat Girl on a Plane by Kelly deVos
- The Way You Make Me Feel by Maurene Goo
- To Be Honest by Maggie Ann Martin
- Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morrill
- Puddin’ by Julie Murphy
- Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy
- Three Sides of a Heart edited by Natalie C. Parker
- The Summer of Jordi Perez (And the Best Burger in Los Angeles) by Amy Spalding
- Things Jolie Needs To Do Before She Bites It by Kerry Winfrey
Let me know what other books you think Dumplin’ fans would enjoy!
If you don’t have space for a book display, you can still print the flyer and make a bookmark with the suggested titles on it to give out.